Advice wanted on radio price

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
M0JSW

Advice wanted on radio price

Post by M0JSW »

I've been taking a sabbatical from the transmitting side of radio and just can't see myself setting it back up. Radio, atu and PSU have been boxed up and stored properly because I thought I would go back to it. Because I'm out of touch on what any things worth at the moment I was hoping for a bit of a guide as to what to sell them for,particularly as the radio has a fault.
Its a Trio TS120 and the problem it has is that the lower section of 10m (10 - 10.5) doesn't work, I think its the band switch but my eyes ain't so good and hands not so steady, so I'm not going blundering in. Other than that its fine, standard fist mike, full 100w,rarely been used at full power as I have been into QRP since I started.
There's a MFJ 941 versa tuner and a 30 amp/5 - 15 v PSU.
I'm really not looking for advice on diagnosis, I've been through all sorts of checks,including using the service manual to check for correct voltages. I just need some guideline as to what I should ask for it.
Any advice gratefully received. Thanks for looking.
M0JSW
Tigersaw
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: GW6RRL

Re: Advice wanted on radio price

Post by Tigersaw »

Put it on ebay and get the best price less the high fees, put it on HRD and get offered SFA.
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Re: Advice wanted on radio price

Post by MrWeetabix »

Easiest way to gauge pricing is to search of the kit on ebay, then look at completed listings.... that should give a good idea of the going price.

Then list them on here for 10% cheaper as we don;t charge fees. Job Done :thumbup:
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |