W.A.C at long last

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
Adriano9966
Veteran
Veteran

W.A.C at long last

Post by Adriano9966 »

:D After several years of operating QRP from a small back yard in a town centre I finally hold the IARU worked all continents certificate . I already hold several other awards for QRP but this is the one that I have been aiming to get for a very long time. I'm really pleased about this and I wanted to share the good news with my friends on TM1.
There have been some very interesting places and people that I have spoken too over the past few years which include contacts into Thailand,Australia,Argentina,Brazil,Greenland,Siberia,Madagascar,Angola,Uruguay ,Puerto Rico etc but all on very low power using modest antennas on phone .
My award will take pride of place in my shack and I am now looking forward to the summer .
Lets make it a good one all being well I might operate /p from France this year and it would be good to talk to some of you

:wave: kind regards Adrian
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Re: W.A.C at long last

Post by Admiral »

Absolutely brilliant Adrian, well done, the beauty of Amateur Radio is that we can all get something very different from it, I'm currently messing with VLF stuff, measuring lightening and all that stuff, totally fascinating and completely different to QRP HF contacts. But well done on the WAC achievement and recognition, I have been tinkering for a zillion years but haven't come close to this one, Howard :)
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
mof000
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mof000 »

Well done adrian :clap: It is certainly a good acheivement :!:
what sort of timescale did it take you then?
I'll pay whatever i think it's worth...:-)
Auldgeek
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: GM0BRJ

Post by Auldgeek »

Congratulations. Great achievement and testimony that there's something for everyone to focus on and enjoy in Amateur Radio. Well done :clap:
Auldgeek - Drew

Winner of IBTL Autumn 23 Edition
I've changed radios so many times, I've forgotten what I have :think:
Adriano9966
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Adriano9966 »

:) Thanks guys for the kind replies.It took me a few years to get to this point. I'm not exactly sure about the timescale but I did apply for the award using contacts made with my full call sign so I suppose that would be from 2014 onwards !