Wimo QRM Eliminator

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
johnkyrle
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26TM3375

Wimo QRM Eliminator

Post by johnkyrle »

Okay,if you have been on the other posts in this group,you will see I am affected by a very high dose of QRM.Painful?Hell yeah and its from a local source as well which is even worse.I cannot exactly pinpoint the location but can narrow it down to at least 3-4 houses.Let me explain.I live,at most of us do,in a rural location on a large-ish estate which seems to be full of PLT,Sky-Q boxes,etc.
This QRM is so regular I suspect a heating system as it cuts in at roughly the same time every day.Even with the advent of the clock change tomorrow,today it came in an hour earlier!
I am not one to believe grounding will solve this issue.This was fine in the latter part of the 20th century when we didnt have to worry about Plasma's,cheap L.E.D igniters etc.My question is the Wimo QRM eliminator,not the EZItune.Does anyone have any experience using one of these?I am very tempted as this QRM affects my RX from the top part of 14Mhz right through to 28Mhz.Only bands really workable are 160,80 and 40 metres.
Anyone have any opinions on this?