How do people get away with this kind of behaviour?

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
solarstorm
Regular
Regular

How do people get away with this kind of behaviour?

Post by solarstorm »

Hi , been listening to a youtube video posted by probably a ham radio operator. I could hear someone babbling on S21. He sounded pretty mad and having a go at someone. What i dont understand is why this guy lets so many people wind him up and that he just cant do what many others would do and hit the off button.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICniAtvFMaM

There are more videos from the same source.

I have also heard this guy from runcorn on SDR radio (cheshire) from time to time having a rant....
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Re: How do people get away with this kind of behaviour?

Post by Admiral »

You'll find most of them if you search this forum.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
NUBSTER
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM545

Post by NUBSTER »

I can see this becoming a Image ;) ;)
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by LeakyFeeder »

I hear him wen im over at my partner's place nr Prestatyn... His bleating n blibbing is often rebroadcast over ch19 and drags out the idiots...

Only got himself to blame
Admiral
Legend
Legend

Post by Admiral »

Okay, the guy is a drunk and an attention seeker, but, that is no reason for others to bully and harass him, there is one clip where he says he's had enough of the bullying and feels like killing himself.

Rational people can see all of the wrongs on both sides here, it is just another tale of some hams that let the whole community down very badly, and gives oxygen to the likes of the pimp that feel the licensing system has cheapened the hobby.
2E1IIP

Post by 2E1IIP »

Bunch of bullying tw@ts, just leave the bloke alone and stop winding him up!!!
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kr0ne »

I blame the foundation licence.

And CBers.

Also those pesky migrants. They've got to have something to do with it...
Buick Mackane

Post by Buick Mackane »

solarstorm wrote: I could hear someone babbling on S21. He sounded pretty mad .
Yip, Admiral does get ratty when he runs out of werthers, And goes nuts when he runs out of condor pipe tobacco :shock:

NUBSTER wrote:I can see this becoming a Image ;) ;)
Well don't forget i have loads left over after weety sunk the barge thread, And iv'e upped the discount for RSGB Members to 20% ;)
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?
GeeFull
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by GeeFull »

Admiral wrote:Okay, the guy is a drunk and an attention seeker, but, that is no reason for others to bully and harass him, there is one clip where he says he's had enough of the bullying and feels like killing himself.

Rational people can see all of the wrongs on both sides here, it is just another tale of some hams that let the whole community down very badly, and gives oxygen to the likes of the pimp that feel the licensing system has cheapened the hobby.
Add to all that the fact that whether he comes on sober, or drunk, and he often does come on perfectly sober and coherent , he gets this stick and interference virtually every time he is on air, and has done so almost constantly for a number of years now.
Hardly surprising he loses it occasionally!
However bad you think he is, the folks constantly badgering him, with every form of QRM and nasty comments known to man, are much lower on the evolutionary scale than he ever will be!
Its easy to wind up a soft target, and a pathetic sport that I am sure gives them endless giggles, they are far worse than he is that's for sure.
Still it gives the pathetic people, who get a kick out of winding him up, something to post on Youtube, and no doubt an even wider audience for their pathetic wind up actions.
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

Exactly,spot on!!! some people read all kinds of stuff written on these forums & watch Youtube videos then comment without knowing the complete story just like the starter of this very thread has done, i have spoken to Dave BSD when i lived near him up until 3 yrs ago & he came across as a friendly & knowledgeable chap,i now listen on the Chester Web SDR & 3 yrs on they are still on his case as all they want to do is wind him up 24/7 & make Youtube videos of when Dave blows his top for their own gratification & entertainment,i think it is very clear who the true attention seekers are,this harassment has now been dragging on at least 7 years with no end in sight,but things may change soon as Ofcom are opening a new office at Warrington this year,i hope they catch the idiots provoking Dave & revoke their licences (if they have one).
Last edited by Crusader on 17 Mar 2016, 01:20, edited 5 times in total.
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

Admiral wrote:Okay, the guy is a drunk and an attention seeker, but, that is no reason for others to bully and harass him, there is one clip where he says he's had enough of the bullying and feels like killing himself.
Hi Admiral,Dave BSD has already tried to top himself about 3-4 yrs ago as he suffers depression,he was on MP one night just after his sister died of cancer,the IQ zero's would not leave him alone & were taking the mickey out of his sister dying,he ended up hospitalised as he took an overdose of his medication,the IQ zero's full well know he did this yet they still persist to harass him,so obviously they do not care what the end result could be,this is the kind of pond-life that are out there on 2 meters,Dave BSD was on 145.525 just the other night & on 550 were a bunch of intermediate & full licence holders sniggering about winding him up.
Admiral
Legend
Legend

Post by Admiral »

I find it very shocking and very sad that individuals gang up with a pack mentality and pick on a weaker, sick member of their species.

And it's even sadder that these people are also hams, or most of them are.

It would be excusable if it was just one instance of beer-fueled seeming high jinx, but this persecution has been going on for years.

I've heard a lot of the footage going back several years, the guy doesn't help himself sometimes by being a couple of sheets to the wind, but the actions of some people involved are disgusting and they should be ashamed, and anyone who listens to it and has a little snigger should also take a look at themselves in the mirror.
paulears
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: G4RMT

Post by paulears »

The ham license stops you talking about certain subjects, and stops you doing a few other things, but it cannot stop people being boring or stupid.

I'm amazed at how the concept of switching off or tuning away is always last resort. Clearly this guy has a mild mental health problem, and I suspect meds, or lack of them are more likely than booze, as he's coherent, but clearly on a mission of some kind. The people that respond and wind him up further are equally guilty of bad behaviour. Perhaps he'd have a better audience from an internet radio station where he could just talk for hours?
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by LeakyFeeder »

Ive listened to it first hand while staying at my partner's house and yes folk shouldnt goad him but the flip side he is clearly breaking his licence conditions with the language n drunken rants... If Ofcom are going to crack down then its the same rules for everyone..
Admiral
Legend
Legend

Post by Admiral »

LeakyFeeder wrote:Ive listened to it first hand while staying at my partner's house and yes folk shouldnt goad him but the flip side he is clearly breaking his licence conditions with the language n drunken rants... If Ofcom are going to crack down then its the same rules for everyone..
I agree, it takes two to tango, and I suspect at times he enjoys the 'fame' of it all, as I said previously, my opinion is that at times he is an attention seeker, and I have no idea about meds or mental illness, but I do know that he likes the SpecialBrew.

The whole episode is a very poor show on our hobby, Ofcom should have nipped this in the bud a long time ago.