sinotel uk

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
mrlazybones
Call Sign: M6LBI

sinotel uk

Post by mrlazybones »

just a quicky really...

had my baofeng 5r for about 8months and the screen totally failed and radio started to over heat
as radio was bought on my behalf i didnt have the original paperwork but i gave the chaps at Sinotel a call where the radio came from and he said pop it in the post with as much detail of the sale as poss and he would have a look at it for me...

anyway sent it away over the easter weekend and he received radio wednesday... e-mailed me to tell me he couldnt fix it and sent me a replacement the same day...

cant argue with that..

so here i am singing there praises..

great folk to do business with..

just sayin.. :D

cheers for reading..
Ian

Mr Lazybones | 26 TM 297 | 26 FB 413 / KP197 / M6LBI
Monitoring ch. 5 and 8 on pmr446 | mobile.... keep them wheels rollin' :-)
[email protected]
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: sinotel uk

Post by LeakyFeeder »

Bought my own UV5 from them.... Charger dead upon arrival... Took em over a month to get a new one to me....

Apologies are fine but actions speak louder then words.... Wont be buying from them again....
Steel100
Regular
Regular

Post by Steel100 »

Have to agree with mr lazybones. Sinotel supplied me a UV5RC with UK plug on the charger (not an adapter) at the same price as eBay and it arrived in less than 24 hours. No complaints.
Beefeater
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: TM727

Post by Beefeater »

Purchased UV-5RC from Sinotel,after a short time the Led and the charger stopped working,contacted them and sent it all back,they fitted a new Led to the radio and supplied a new charger and sent it back to me by return post.Great guys,No complaints at all.Will definately use them again when needed.
Yaesu FT-840
Motorola GP-340 x2
Icom IC-735 Transceiver
Baofeng A58S Transceiver
Various Vertical Antennas x6
SDF662
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: 2E0OSS

Post by SDF662 »

Bought a Xiegu ATU/Linear amplifier off this company. Straight out of the box amplifier not working. Sent it back for a refund. This company Sinotel does not honour refunds well when you have to return faulty goods. They are arrogant, argumentative, drag their heels and blame the customer to avoid giving you a full refund. I have had to get Trading Standards involved. Disgraceful poor service. I will not be using this company again. Avoid or buy from them at your own risk. I would not wish anyone to suffer at their mercy like I have. You have been warned ! {bnghd}
Metradio
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: G7HID

Post by Metradio »

Nice first post ! Did you join here just to vent your spleen ?

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD V1.

Whistler WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
SDF662
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: 2E0OSS

Post by SDF662 »

Hi Mike.
Yes my first post. They certainly split my spleen ! I noticed some comments here and elsewhere, some good and some not so good. I thought it would be a good idea to share my experience. Lesson to be learnt. Hopefully I can save others amateurs the same trouble.

On another matter:
I would say that the Xiegu G90 HF SDR transceiver I purchased from them works without fault- They got that wright, credit there.
Got it wired inline through a CE-19 interface and CAT cable to the laptop but not able yet to configure with said laptop to use data modes WSJT-X FT-8. need more info for settings which are scant to find online. Some say IC-7100 configurations but could only get that to partially work. Got the sound side to work but that was all.
The transceiver works a treat on HF simplex. Good receive and transmit quality as reported. Better quality receive and seems more sensitive than my Yaesu FT-991A. Good fast spectrum scope and waterfall. AH good to do dial dancing ! So I have hopes for that little transceiver.
Could do with any info to configure for data modes if anyone out there is reading this and uses the Xiegu G-90 as said. :thumbup:

Regards,
Steve 2E0OSS
IO81qc
Metradio
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: G7HID

Post by Metradio »

That's better ...

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD V1.

Whistler WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.