Skills Night takes place at 7pm Monday, January 15 in Danbury Village Hall, Essex, the free event is open to all.
Hosted by the Chelmsford Amateur Radio Society Training Team, Skills Nights are attended by radio enthusiasts from across Essex and beyond. They provide an opportunity to try something new, share ideas, get help and advice, and socialise with others interested in the hobby.
The provisional agenda this month includes:
• Radio: A chance to boost your confidence on the radio with Dorothy M0LMR and Chris 2E0CUU - with FM, HF, and D-Star
• EchoLink: Jim Salmon 2E0RMI will be there to help you use EchoLink. Feel free to ask what ever questions.
• Coax / Antenna Leads: Make your own patch leads, with guidance from a trainer. (PL259, N or BNC connectors) at cost price. Also Antenna advice available.
• Setting Up: Station Build with Tom M6LYQ (Assistant Trainer)
• QSL/QRZ: Learn about QRZ.com and eQSL
• Practicals: Get your practicals signed off for your next Exam with Peter M0PSD - especially if you are on an online course
• Slim Jims: Antenna kits for 2m and 70cm can be ordered
• Band Plans: The RSGB 2018 Band Plans feature changes at 5MHz and in VHF/UHF. Murray G6JYB will be on hand to explain all
• Badges: Jim 2E0JTW and Glynis 2E0CUQ will have their engraver for custom callsign badges etc. Ideal if you have just passed your exam!
• Essex CW: Morse enthusiasts and long time Skills supporter, Essex CW Amateur Radio Club (ECWARC), will be present with advice on for new starters as well as the more experienced.
• The Quiz: A Foundation Fun Quiz with Murray G6JYB and any technical advice or questions
The activity list is subject to change and availability.
Venue: Danbury Village Hall, 2 Main Road, Danbury, Essex, CM3 4NQ - You can find a map and pictures of the hall at:
The Skills Night is free to attend, with refreshments provided. The event is open to everyone with an interest in any aspect of radio, if you know someone interested in coming along - please pass this message along.
We hope to see you on Monday from 7pm.
The Chelmsford Amateur Radio Society's Skill Night page can be found at http://www.g0mwt.org.uk/skills
CARS run short amateur radio training courses, to find out more contact the training manager Peter Davies M0PSD at
Email: training2018 <at> g0mwt.org.uk
Sign up for Essex Skills Night or CARS Newsletter/News lists at http://www.g0mwt.org.uk/lists
Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests