What Ham Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2017)

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Re: What Ham Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2017)

Postby Crusader » 09 Oct 2017, 17:41

Kenwood TS-770E Dual band multi-mode,given to me by a good friend last weekend as he threw it in for free when i bought x2 other radio's off him,he said he got it from a sale a few months ago but was untested as he had no power lead for it.

Today i made a home brew 240v mains lead for it & connected it up & it came to life! :D
full rx & tx & nice to listen to :D

It also looks a lot better after i cleaned it up as the controls were grimy & the front panel was also mucky,makes me wonder what some of these radio amateurs houses must look like on the inside :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Checkpointcharlie
Regular
Regular

Postby Checkpointcharlie » 09 Oct 2017, 18:11

Crusader wrote:Kenwood TS-770E Dual band multi-mode,given to me by a good friend last weekend as he threw it in for free when i bought x2 other radio's off him,he said he got it from a sale a few months ago but was untested as he had no power lead for it.

Today i made a home brew 240v mains lead for it & connected it up & it came to life! :D
full rx & tx & nice to listen to :D

It also looks a lot better after i cleaned it up as the controls were grimy & the front panel was also mucky,makes me wonder what some of these radio amateurs houses must look like on the inside :lol:

Good stuff....Regards the comment about radio amateurs houses must look like well whats your house look like then :lol:
Broad sword calling Danny boy......

Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Crusader » 10 Oct 2017, 13:32

:lol: Our lass is OCD at cleaning and does my head in with it sometimes {bnghd} ,i would say it is near immaculate & we don't smoke either,no filthy slobs here pal ;).

But just for the record i meant some of these radio amateurs houses must be sh*t holes with the state of some of the radios i have come across over the years,i did not mean ALL radio amateurs must be like this but sometimes it does make you wonder just how many must live in hovels. :sick:

Ohh by the way,here is an abandoned radio amateur's house that my mate found in North Wales about 8 months ago...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xpjkittdsw12d ... 3.mp4?dl=0

Buick Mackane
Legend
Legend

Postby Buick Mackane » 10 Oct 2017, 14:09

Talking of filthy houses its time i got off my ass and done some house work, This is what happens when you spend to much time on here

Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Crusader » 10 Oct 2017, 18:31

:lol: :lol: :lol: Looks like Father Jack has been there for a party ;)

ch25
Call Sign: n0call

Postby ch25 » 10 Oct 2017, 18:59

Just bought NOS GU78B as spare tube. On it's way from Russia.

Return to “Amateur Radio - General Topics and Discussion”