Tour De Yorkshire 2015

Scanning radio frequencies in Yorkshire & Lincolnshire
phillowe
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: M6PHV

Tour De Yorkshire 2015

Post by phillowe »

Does anyone have any frequencies in use for the Tour De Yorkshire 2015?
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Tour De Yorkshire 2015

Post by thelad »

The support cars are having radios, lights and roof equipment fitted as we speak at York. Not sure what radios are being used.
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Magiksun TM-490 (BF-888) x3
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6
Mikel
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Mikel »

The Tour De Yorkshire is being run by the Amaury Sport Organisation, they are the same people that run the Tour De France amongst other things.

So logically they could be using the same frequencies as they did for the Tour De France in Yorkshire last year. Of course that could be completely wrong but it could be worth investigating.
................................................................................................2W0NBF.........................................................
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by thelad »

PMSE/ ARQIVA are doing the teams mics if that helps
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6
andymuza
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by andymuza »

You won't hear half as much traffic as the tour due to the race classification being lower.
Riders won't have any radio's at all.
I will not be commanded, I will not be controlled.
n+1 the formula for working out how many radios you need with n being the current amount.
Mikel
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Mikel »

andymuza wrote: Riders won't have any radio's at all.
Thats interesting to know. where did you get that information from - no one has mentioned it in the cycling club I attend.
................................................................................................2W0NBF.........................................................
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by thelad »

Why are they fitting out team cars with radios then?
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6
andymuza
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by andymuza »

Mikel wrote:
Thats interesting to know. where did you get that information from - no one has mentioned it in the cycling club I attend.
Riders having radio's are only allowed in UCI World Tour events and Womens World cup events.
The Tour de Yorkshire is not a World Tour event.

Radios are in cars for time gaps and other info relating to the race which relayed to the team via Domestique riders.

Here is a list of UCI World Tour Events.
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... 015-139813

What club are you in Mikel?
n+1 the formula for working out how many radios you need with n being the current amount.
Mikel
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Mikel »

Yes you are totally correct, the Tour De Yorkshire is not a World Tour event but a UCI Europe Tour event and race radio's are TECHNICALLY only allowed in UCI World Tour events and Womens World cup event (and time trial events). I will admit I had forgotten about this when I posted. :D

BUT as you may be aware, the UCI in their infinite wisdom have been slowly trying to ban race radios for a number of years in certain events with no great success. Many teams have consistently ignored any attempts to prohibit communications and I would be surprised if no teams used radios in this race in defiance of the UCI ruling. ;)

I have attached a picture of a 'race radio', obviously not from the Tour De Yorkshire, anyone have any idea what it is? Obviously any equipment used may vary from team to team but still an interesting photo.

I don't forsee the race radio issue going away anytime soon myself, in fact as you may be aware, a lot of cycling clothing manufacturers are producing shorts with an integral race radio pocket.

I am a member of the Castle Cycling Club, has about 60 members I think at present.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by thelad »

Looks like a Alinco DJ-X7 scanner.
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6
andymuza
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by andymuza »

Mikel wrote:BUT as you may be aware, the UCI in their infinite wisdom have been slowly trying to ban race radios for a number of years in certain events with no great success. Many teams have consistently ignored any attempts to prohibit communications and I would be surprised if no teams used radios in this race in defiance of the UCI ruling. ;)

I have attached a picture of a 'race radio', obviously not from the Tour De Yorkshire, anyone have any idea what it is? Obviously any equipment used may vary from team to team but still an interesting photo.

I don't forsee the race radio issue going away anytime soon myself, in fact as you may be aware, a lot of cycling clothing manufacturers are producing shorts with an integral race radio pocket.

I am a member of the Castle Cycling Club, has about 60 members I think at present.
Yeah I am fully aware of the UCI trying to ban race radios and teams ignoring it sometimes. I think radios should be allowed in all races. They help reduce the amount of traffic such as motorbikes blasting back and forth getting in the way with inaccurate time gaps. I could understand the rule if only certain teams had them and it gave an unfair advantage. If one team has them they all should and vice versa.

The TDY passes within 20 miles of me and I was hoping to cycle out there to see it flash by but I have other things on so can't make it unfortunately. I also think the name is wrong, I know French is the language of cycling but I think they should of called it Tour T Yorkshire :lol: .

I am currently in the Stockton Wheelers CC. Back in my younger days I was in Teesside Clarion and used to ride with Chris Newton before he turned pro. I was fit back then though and could almost keep up with him. Left cycling due to work and other things taking over my life when I was 28. I got back in the saddle about two years ago after almost 18 years away from it just for my commute to work and caught the bug again and it's costing me a fortune :lol:
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by thelad »

F-HPIX a Islander used in the TDF is in the air over Brid. Royal Flight just went over Leeds heading towards a landing site for the tour.
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6
Transmission1
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM001

Post by Transmission1 »

Race organisers appear to be using UK General UHF (Simple UK Light) radios - 449.3125 MHz not sure if any other frequencies are in use but they have been active all morning on this one.
Simon, 26TM001 - East Yorkshire, UK
Founder of Transmission1 & Tango Mike 26 Division Co-ordinator
http://www.tangomike.net/
Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@transmission1
Mikel
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Mikel »

Special events station for the Tour De Yorkshire GB1TDY on 7.087 Mhz at this time.
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by thelad »

French coms 171.9625 107.2
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Baofeng BF-888