FCC. Ends Transceiver Marketing Case.

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
kc
Top Poster
Top Poster

FCC. Ends Transceiver Marketing Case.

Post by kc »

A consent decree has finally ended an enforcement action against Pilot Travel Centers LLC that could have cost the company $125,000 in fines. In November 2004 the FCC issued a Notice of Apparent Liability (NAL) asserting that Pilot, despite multiple citations and warnings, continued to market CB transceivers labeled as Amateur Radio gear but intended for use on both Citizens Band and amateur frequencies.........
Under the terms of the consent decree, Pilot must refrain in the future from marketing as "Amateur Radio" gear any transmitting devices with built-in features to facilitate CB operation...............
The consent decree requires Pilot to remove from sale certain Galaxy brand transceivers (models DX33HML, DX66V and DX99V) and any other "Amateur Radio" transceivers that have not passed ARRL Lab muster in the course of product review or advertising compliance testing......
the FCC had alleged....... Pilot "in 47 separate instances" offered for sale various models of non-certificated Galaxy CB transceivers labeled as "amateur radios" that easily could be modified for CB operation. The FCC said that in some instances, Pilot employees referred to the units. as "CBs."
Full story at

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2006/05/11/100/?nc=1
So I passed this test that allows me to twiddle with knobs, push buttons & call my self an Advanced !!!!!!!
M0LSX