inside or out

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
para999

Re: inside or out

Post by para999 »

108EH002 wrote: 01 Sep 2019, 03:41 Eu CH 40 is 27.405.
many thanks
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

There we go, thanks 108 ;)

Saves me going up in the loft and keying up...or Googling it.
27.405 USB at 23:00hrs tonight it is then. I'll set a reminder on my phone.

I always remember the UK ch.1, ch.19 and ch.40 frequencies, but have never used mid-block/Eu aparr from flicking around now and again and listening to the Americans, French and Italians on there last year on FM.

If you can get your aerial on the mast at some point Danny, we'll have a last-ditch attempt then if tonight doesn't go well mate. Otherwise, as I said, you're welcome to come and collect my old Antron, but it's 17ft tall and you'd need to hide that away up a tree (it's already painted in camo' colours) to save upsetting anyone landlord/neighbour-wise. Unfortunately, you'd need to buy a decent length of thick co-ax too then and try and run that along the garden tidily and covertly.
para999

Post by para999 »

fingers crossed dave.thanks for the offer of the Antron but I really can't. ( landlord wise )
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

If you have one earth wire at present running in a straight line directly underneath Para,you could always run another thin wire to ground.

If you have the wires set at an angle (where the 2 wires connect at ground level/pegs enter the ground)as this might help to "keep" your angle of transmitted signal lower,,and it might just help to send your signal a little bit further having the wires at an angle either side underneath = worth a try imo.

As long as the rent is paid and you run a legal set-up your landlord will be ok with a small CB antenna.....I mean dab antenna ;)
Last edited by 108EH002 on 01 Sep 2019, 08:56, edited 1 time in total.
Plenty are talking worldwide on 27.555 usb,
Some are too far up their own @rse to admit it,
Many happen to know otherwise dx-ing test free,
Showing a complete lack of respect for the law.

27.555 Usb
para999

Post by para999 »

yes I was thinking that if and when I can put the aerial on the tv mast I will not be able to run the wire directly to earth because of the position and length of the mast to earth. what I was intending was to do what I think was suggested before and that is to have several wires hanging off the base of the whip, like an octopus ( sort of).I believe by moving it not only will my signal improve it will be less noticeable than it is now.it's difficult to explain but basically any wires hanging ( as long as it's neat ) would be ok with the landlord.but a solid metal pole would not be.unfortunately the pictures I posted don't show but I have no trees around to be able to attach it to them either.
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

Thin brown tv coax for your earth wire running down the facia from bottom of tv antenna stock,and continued down the brick with a few fixings,less noticeable than an octopus of wires.

A simple sloping dipole made of thin wire,tied from the bottom of the higher tv pole to the top of the conservatory will hear plenty aswell ;)

Up and over the roof would work better and not seen as easy,get the handy man to tie each end of the dipole to the guttering each side with thin fishing gut to keep it held inplace.
Plenty are talking worldwide on 27.555 usb,
Some are too far up their own @rse to admit it,
Many happen to know otherwise dx-ing test free,
Showing a complete lack of respect for the law.

27.555 Usb
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 45

Post by original45 »

I too shall be sitting on my perch ,will be listening and shouting out to both.
ch25
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: Lemmy

Post by ch25 »

Are you allowed to have TV antenna on the roof?
WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD, AND WE PLAY ROCK N' ROLL
You can't have too many antennas...
para999

Post by para999 »

ch25 wrote: 01 Sep 2019, 20:29 Are you allowed to have TV antenna on the roof?

hi yes I do have one I have posted pictures further back in the thread
para999

Post by para999 »

nope background at about 2-2.5
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Nothing my end either mate, pre-amp just added extra signal of the hash. I was pushing about 100 watts USB 27.405.

Thought I could hear music right in the back of the set for a moment, but the mind plays tricks on you sometimes when you're straining to hear something that's not there.

That tank-whip of yours needs to go up then as a ladt-ditch attempt at me getting over to you. As you know, I live in the crater of a volcano-ish, so to get up over the lip and down again is a pain. I could hear the usual 3 people on ch19 ukfm, on s5, s7 and s9, so those signals are up slightly from the Antron's.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

One of the nights I'll try and give you a shout from up on the ridge that overlooks Avonmouth and Wales. As it's higher than I am I might be able to get out a bit better, but I've only got AM/FM in the car and no extra power.

I'll have to buy an adapter for my Wilson aerial though first as its 3/8 thread and the mount on the roof of my car is so239. I recently sold my Sirio 145 that I had for mobile use to help fund the Wilson Trucker 2000.

Edit: just bought one on ebay, so that'll be here in a few days.
Last edited by The Collector on 01 Sep 2019, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.
para999

Post by para999 »

ok mate we'll leave it at that I also thought I could hear music but again it might not have been there.all I have on UKFM is loads of mush nobody talking.perhaps we can have another go when I get the whip up higher.thanks for your patience and efforts and we hopefully will chat again.i'll give you a shout when I've had some luck. I did get a sudden spike just then don't know whether it was someone keying up or lightening. anyhow bye for now. don't worry about the mobile we'll have another go when I get hold of the handy man.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

No problem, catch you soon...on here though lol ;)
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 45

Post by original45 »

Was listening and calling 23,00 hrs for 15ish mins. No audio heard however their was a single bleep heard very weak this end.Mrs heard it too