Anyone heard of a Sirio 827 that has snapped ?

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
radio pete
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26EY49G7xxx

Re: Anyone heard of a Sirio 827 that has snapped ?

Post by radio pete »

i had an 827 @ my old QTH it didnt snap but the coil broke @ the conection point on the side,I have one here been up 4 years with no problems,
TheCaptain
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26TM669

Post by TheCaptain »

Wish I'd never parted with my 827. Survived everything the elements through at it over many years, a flexible pole helped with its survival. Gainmaster replaced it and in my opinion for me it's not as good, good but not as good. Never seen one snap.
"Wine for my men, we ride at dawn"
Ur5by9

Post by Ur5by9 »

My 827 has been going almost 3 years. All the joints are amalgamated as is the PL259 Works a dream. I once took it down to try a Gainmaster but after a few days watching it turn into a horizontal dipole it swiftly went back.
cubwolf
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: M3CBY

Post by cubwolf »

Nope not heard of one. I had one of the first in the uk and only replaced it last year as it was looking tired. Still worked a treat. I covered the loading coil in vaseline and when i took it down and wiped it it was like new. Mine had elongated the holes where the sections screwed together.
I replaced it with another 827 and was changing the sirio mounting bracket but they have changed the design. The newer one is just two clamps spot welded onto a drilled plate and i wasnt going to risk it so used the original one which is a much sturdier affair.

I know the tornados are not that strong and i have seen a couple of those snap at the plastic insulator.