Antenna Interceptor 10k

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
Ur5by9

Antenna Interceptor 10k

Post by Ur5by9 »

I like to have some fun with various antennas, Having the tilt over mast makes swapping things over quickly
and its good fun.

I seen the Interceptor 10k being talked about on forums and even found the website about the antenna which can be found bellow.

http://www.a1antennas.com/

I've emailed the guy several times with no response and thought Id ask the question if they are any good and if
anyone has any experience with this antenna?

Not sure Id ever get my hands on one seen as the guy doesn't respond to mail.
Thoughts and info with many thanks :)
tecnicoloco1
Regular
Regular

Re: Antenna Interceptor 10k

Post by tecnicoloco1 »

He has not made antennas for a few years,who knows if he is going to make more

In the other hand the Shockwave 5/8 seems to be the most heavy duty and sturdy antenna sold in the US after the 10K stopped production

There is a user in NZ that owe one and talked about it been surviving the harsh and windy environment

http://www.shockwaveantenna.com/

Hope this helps
wa10
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by wa10 »

Don't hold your breath waiting for a response from Jay or Steve, he's not made any for years, when he was in the game he only built them once a flood, every so often a story surfaces that its back in production but nothing comes of it,

i used the 10k for about 12 years before i put the astroplane up. 10k's are expensive ugly & a pita to tune compared to other end fed antennas,

They are more durable than anything sold here in cb shops & it will take 10kw +, has an edge in performance over sirio's best 5/8waves,
its a put it up and forget it antenna,

I-10k or any other 5/8wave does not perform as well as a properly setup vector 4000 / sigma4 on the same pole,

if you like the trombone match check out the Shockwave 5/8, vortex also make a trombone match Q64 5/8, leave the silly brace off the insulator.
W8JI
"An antenna with a poor ground using few radials cannot have a support mast grounded to the radial common point (at least it shouldn't if designed properly) There is no exception to this!
Ur5by9

Post by Ur5by9 »

Thanks or the reply's I currently use a Sirio 827 and have it on the wind up mast. The antenna is built like a tank and will take as much
weather punishment as possible... So far.

Being in the UK these i10 K antennas and Shockwave units are not readily available but something Id love to try. We do have the Vector 4000 / sigma 4 antenna on the shelves but these don't seem to fair well with the Scottish wind's.

Radio is a fantastic hobby and testing out antennas for me is part of the hobby, Id still like to get my hands on the i10 K just sadly not readily available.