Goodbye radio

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 163TM186

Goodbye radio

Post by NightProwler »

Well after much thought I have decided to call it a day. I am surround by thousands of pounds of radio equipment with no bugger to talk to, No skip and no locals so whats the point. CB is dead this way. I have taken 5 days off work to empty the shack, All my gear is going into boxes in storage and the shack will become my recording studio once again. I might sell a few radio's but im keeping the best ones, Yaesu and AOR etc. I'll still log in as radio will always be in my blood but I need the room for more important things like my drum kit and guitars. I might be getting old but I still have loads of rocking left in me :D
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Buick Mackane

Re: Goodbye radio

Post by Buick Mackane »

Looks like you need a new hobby,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_dance
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran

Post by NightProwler »

Aye but im not sure I will have time for that with the Hungarian basket weaving too.
porky.69
Legend
Legend

Post by porky.69 »

Been thinking the very same. But unfortunately i dont play the guitar lol. But i do see where your coming from. Sad but very true
This is my Territory.....Be on your way 8)
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran

Post by NightProwler »

Hungarian basket weaving is the way forward :D
beamer320i
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by beamer320i »

Hey Rich,

Sorry to hear the radio's are taking a back seat - TBH, I haven't been active that much recently on here as I've been busy with my other hobby of Atari (your old one is still my daily user!) and the conditions have been down for a while now, but I'm not going to make the mistake of selling up again! I am lucky in the fact that I can pick up the mic at most times and have a chinwag with a couple of local mates or some of the Brummies - If it was totally dead round here then I would use it even less I guess...

The irony is that after all these years of chopping and changing radio, mics, etc. is that I now seem to have found my 'perfect' set-ups for home and base but I don't currently get the time to use them!
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Your loss is my gain. You can finally sell me that mint and boxed Fidelity 1000 I've been trying to prise out of your hands for these past few years! ;)
mrpsychopath
Call Sign: 108tm1313

Post by mrpsychopath »

Most of up have been there over the years. You will be back.
Kill em all and let god sort them out.
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran

Post by NightProwler »

Yeah I'll be back one day, When the skip comes back. Where I live im surrounded by mountains and there are no locals on at all, The radio is 100% dead around here. I used to be into scanning years ago but thats all gone digital. I dont have a boxed Fidelity 1000 but I do have a mint boxed Fidelity 2001 plus a few other mint boxed radio's. It's all going up to the attic tomorrow and the antennas are coming down. I want the room for my recording gear and instruments. Glad my old Atari is still going strong Dom, If your in the area again I might sell you that mint Magpie Autoscan :think:
andymuza
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by andymuza »

Yup, you will be back when the good conditions return. In the mean time, have fun in the studio.
I will not be commanded, I will not be controlled.
n+1 the formula for working out how many radios you need with n being the current amount.
KlondikeMike
Call Sign: 9WR2000

Post by KlondikeMike »

NightProwler wrote: 04 Dec 2017, 18:37... I am surround by thousands of pounds of radio equipment with no bugger to talk to, No skip and no locals so whats the point. CB is dead this way.
Same problem I have here in Western Canada. I enjoy fixing them up, so I've got 10-15 years to catch up on that before 163 and 26 DIV comes back into my location.
speeddemon

Post by speeddemon »

:) Any Unwanted cb equipment gladly excepted here..... :D
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

Rock on my good man, we'll still be here when you come back :thumbup:
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
Tigersaw
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: GW6RRL

Post by Tigersaw »

I'm moving to GW soon.. hope its not as bad as it sounds
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran

Post by NightProwler »

Tigersaw wrote: 05 Dec 2017, 11:45 I'm moving to GW soon.. hope its not as bad as it sounds
GW? :think: