Harvard CBM404

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
Mudslinger
Legend
Legend

Re: Harvard CBM404

Post by Mudslinger »

Tech12 wrote:Hi Simon: If it was mine,( not that it ever would be ). It would already be in the parts bin to cannibalise :D

Thats ok then, if it was mine I wouldn't admit to it either. :lol: ;) ;)
Mudslinger - Simon
26TM274
26CT612

There is no such thing as a Fidelity 1000 which is too good to scrap.
Tech12
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: Sparky

Post by Tech12 »

Wish it was mine buddy, I could stick a hammer through it ;)
Sadly I have to be a good boy & try to repair it :roll: :evil: Nobody said how hard I had to try though :D
Let us Fix it Properly.
Mudslinger
Legend
Legend

Post by Mudslinger »

It must be horrible having to repair something which you know isn't much good even when it is working correctly.

I have a couple of radios here which as radios they are pretty rubbish, but they have some sentimental value as they belonged to an old mate who died many years back.
Mudslinger - Simon
26TM274
26CT612

There is no such thing as a Fidelity 1000 which is too good to scrap.
Tech12
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: Sparky

Post by Tech12 »

Hi Simon: It can be a pain but if that's what people want, then hey ho. It's a pain in the backside when someone has been there before you & butchered a radio, when it's a quality item. When it's something like this, it just makes it worse.
I know exactly what you mean with sentiment, a long time friend of mine passed recently & I have 4 rigs that were his. Unfortunately after becoming a radio amateur he decided that he knew enough to repair radio's himself & these with their faults are the result, I now have the rather unpleasant task of getting them working again. But I feel it's something I have to do in his memory.
Let us Fix it Properly.