crt ss9900 anyone?

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
RadioPixie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM552

Re: crt ss9900 anyone?

Post by RadioPixie »

Considering this is UK based forum where the majority of users are based in the UK, don't you think our foundation rules are the ones that are more appropriate?!

In the UK licence schedule for foundation (novice) licences can use whatever mode on whatever band they are licenced for. That means all of HF on all modes and data types.

What the Americans and the ARRL do is their business and their problem! The UK licence conditions are different to the US ones!!!

Go figure. Do the math. Period. (Said in American accent) :roll:

Don't worry your not the first person on here to quote ARRL stuff like it's gospel for the UK ;)
73 from Dave the Pixie - 26CT052 - 26TM552 - CB Radioaficionado
B5566

Post by B5566 »

I'd rather say that roadhog cited arrl rules as all of the 10m radios were initially and still are regarded as USA specific gear and thus they are manufactured in disguise to be arrl rules compliant....
Resistance is futile.
RadioPixie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM552

Post by RadioPixie »

Really! Even though the States is a big market, from what I've seen 10m/CB radios are worldwide with certain models promoted differently. The European market being prime example.

WTF :wtf: am I doing arguing the toss over a 10m Chicken Box radio :crazy: Get me out of this mad house {bnghd}

There is so much more to life! 8)
73 from Dave the Pixie - 26CT052 - 26TM552 - CB Radioaficionado
Barnbilly

Post by Barnbilly »

Road_Hog wrote:
RadioPixie wrote: And as for "septic technicians" that only can use voice. Nope, they can use CW, data and whatever.
No, I said that 10m is the only voice option on HF. They can use other modes and other frequencies, but if they want to use voice, it's 10m only.

If you are going to correct me, at least make sure you're right first.

Technician licensees now also have additional privileges on certain HF frequencies. Technicians may also operate on the 80, 40 and 15 meter bands using CW, and on the 10 meter band using CW, voice and digital modes.

http://www.arrl.org/getting-your-technician-license
:lol: :lol: when did warwick get annexed
Dont worry what class of licence he holds, worry what class of bias he applies to the amplifier !
G8YMW

Post by G8YMW »

Probably doesn't realise ARRL stands for American Radio Relay League UNLESS Ofcom has sold the amateur bands to the Americans.
Or he doesn't know that its the Reading and Surrey Gas Board that represents amateur radio in the UK
Road_Hog
Banned
Banned

Post by Road_Hog »

G8YMW wrote:Probably doesn't realise ARRL stands for American Radio Relay League UNLESS Ofcom has sold the amateur bands to the Americans.
Or he doesn't know that its the Reading and Surrey Gas Board that represents amateur radio in the UK
Well, since I was making the point that the reason most of the radios also have 10m, is they are/were aimed at the large American market. And it is because of the very nature of their licensing system, through the Technician's licence only allowing voice on 10m for HF, that we have 10m slapped on the side.

It would be somewhat silly to post a link from the RSGB showing American amateur licence conditions, when it doesn't exist. You were closer than you think describing the London Wireless Club as the Reading and Surrey Gas Board. Now, put that in you Class B pipe and smoke it.
ROTEL240

Post by ROTEL240 »

B5566 wrote:
- changing frequencies is annoying, there's muted delay between each click on selector so you can't sweep the band by just turning knob to hear what's up without stopping on each click Has anyone found a solution to the above problem and was it only the V1 what has this fault. Cheers