Intorductions

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
Sigma007
New User
New User

Intorductions

Post by Sigma007 »

Hello all.
I am Richard and i started on the CB radio as a kid during the early 90's. My first radio was a Fidelity 2000 FM, it was a simple 40 channel rig which gave out TVI for fun. Anyway i sold up during the late 90's and forgot about my old hobby. Then one day in 2005 for some reason i decided to get myself set up again, it was a real risk, i didn't know any of the breakers, in fact i didn't even know if there was any breakers.

As luck would have it three of four local groups were running and i soon made friends amongst them. Since my re-entry into the world of CB, life took over and i sadly i haven't had the time i would have liked to have to operate the radio. Recently i have re-kindled my interest and after giving up on one of my other hobbies i now have plenty of time to both listen and transmit.

I sadly don't have have the equipment that i used to have and am unwilling to spend big money these days so a decent radio is not currently on the cards. My current radio is a Midland Alan 78 Plus (non-modded) and that radio is a simple 4w FM 80ch rig, although if i play around with it (using buttons) it will transmit elsewhere and in some cases on AM.

Running a legal rig does have it's advantages, if i get a knock on the door i don't have anything to worry about. I used to own a magnum Omega force and when i used to give it some power on triple five i used to dread a knock on the door. One the neighbours used to complain about the TVI it gave out but thankfully they were never really too bothered.

I plan to take my M3 and hopefully i will get that done this year but for the moment i am a CB'er. I live in West Yorkshire not too far away from Bradford and there is still a fair number of intermittent breakers on the air and a smaller number of the regular as clockwork types. Some Evenings are great, there are breakers all over the place and other nights there is only the occasional "nineteen a roger" to be heard.

CB has got much quieter over the years but it is still going strong and it is still a decent hobby. Today has been my first visit to this website and i have liked what i have seen.

So all of you can have a great big thumbs up from me :D
ScotchEgg
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM742

RE: Intorductions

Post by ScotchEgg »

Welcome along :D
The legend of the "Scotch Egg".
"unique in my duplicity"

UGLY BOB on SCOTCH EGG... "I kinda had you pictured as the sort who would enjoy beating the bejesus out of people with a four foot dildo."
Sigma007
New User
New User

Re: RE: Intorductions

Post by Sigma007 »

Callum wrote:Welcome along :D
Thanks Callum
2H3RA