Albrecht AE 201 S -- Hand Held SSB

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
Glasgow_Scan_Man
New User
New User

Albrecht AE 201 S -- Hand Held SSB

Post by Glasgow_Scan_Man »

Does anyone know anything about these have the used them etc, Id like to know mostly if anyone has an idea; It is supplied with a cig connection for your car ( ofcourse ) However the current is 1.2amps!!! Would i be able to cut the cig lighter connection and wire to a 3amp power supply and use it in my house ok?

Here is a review of it and pic taking from Knights Cb Shop Website, I have seen on other ites you can expand it from 25.150-29.800, All modes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Albrecht AE-201s is the first all mode 10m handheld that I have seen, and it certainly packs a lot into it's compact size.
The set is fully microprocessor controlled and offers many of the same features as the AE-485 mobile set. It is so compact that half of it's size is accounted for by the detachable battery pack which holds 9 AA size batteries.
There are rotary controls for volume, squelch and clarifier. Tuning is done by up/down buttons on the side of the set.
There are push button controls for tuning, step, repeater shift, LCR, scan, mode, mic-gain, rf-gain, lock, and hi/low power.
The antenna connection is a standard BNC and a flexiblerubber antenna is supplied. The set is also supplied with a mains charger (but not batteries) and 12v cig power lead.
There are connections for an external speaker/mic (or a separate speaker or earphone) and a socket on the battery pack allows for either an external 12v supply or the recharging of nicads if used.
The tuning steps can be selected from kHz, 10kHz and 100kHz, but this works in the same way as on the mobile version - only allowing "continuous tuning" in 10kHz steps.
The scanning facility will scan the entire band in 10kHz steps, stopping on any busy channel.
I can not see there being a big market for all mode handhelds - SSB is certainly more suited to a fixed set.
When connected to an external antenna this handheld performs very favourably in comparison to the larger mobiles, the small rubber antenna obviously limits the performance significantly.
Overall the set works very well and offers a host of features for such a compact set. If you have a use for an all-mode portable then I am sure this set would fulfil your needs.
More details on all the Albrecht sets are available from their web site, but unfortunately it is all in German!! http://www.Albrecht-online.de
Specifications:
Modes: AM/FM/SSB
Frequency: 28-29.7MHz
Dimensions: 63 x 169 x 39
Weight: 0.4Kg
Output power: 4W AM/FM (1W low)
7W SSB
Power supply: 7.2-13.8V
Current: 1.2A

Price: +?179.00

Transmission1
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM001

Post by Transmission1 »

Did you look at our review of the Dragon SS-201 on Transmission1 by Tony Langdon? It's the same radio. Check out: http://www.transmission1.co.uk/modules. ... =0&thold=0

Regards
Simon
Simon, 26TM001 - East Yorkshire, UK
Founder of Transmission1 & Tango Mike 26 Division Co-ordinator
http://www.tangomike.net/
Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@transmission1
ste03
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26TM309

Albreecht AE 201 S Hand Held SSB

Post by ste03 »

Hi does anybody know who sells the Albrecht AE 201 S or anyother brand with the same specs brand new in the UK.
regards
Stephen
ste03
Regular
Regular

Post by ste03 »

Have now obtained one Albrecht AE 201S from ebay.
Stephen
mycbworld
Regular
Regular

Post by mycbworld »

ste03 wrote:Have now obtained one Albrecht AE 201S from ebay.
Stephen
Snap :lol:

Lokin' forward to good weather to get out on the hills coz I got no twig @ my qth.

simon
TimBucknall

Post by TimBucknall »

heres some news from Knights CB, Doug's a great guy,very helpfull

"The handhelds were not very popular and I doubt we will ever have them back in stock."

anyone know anything about "the other 10m handy without FM" that was referred to in the Review?
ste03
Regular
Regular

Post by ste03 »

The Cherokee AH 100 is the same 10m radio without FM
TimBucknall

Post by TimBucknall »

Excellent Thanks Ste03

another one to go on the want list i think ;-)

my uk40 FM handy arrived today, (danita) initial findings- rceive is amazing for a handy with a short whip
ste03
Regular
Regular

Post by ste03 »

Also look out for the magnum SSB 1010 and intek same models with FM SSB and AM.
I do not know which dealers could supply you with radio lookout on the secondhand market.

Ste03
TimBucknall

Post by TimBucknall »

thanks mate