Most common CB frequencies in Poland

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
GusWroclaw
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 161TM313

Most common CB frequencies in Poland

Post by GusWroclaw »

I was wondering if someone knows which channel allocation is more common in Poland. CEPT? Or the "zeros" that were originally used by Poland?

I've noticed that I get a lot of chatter in PL channel 19 with AM modulation but I was also able to receive a lot of chatter on CEPT channel 18 again with AM modulation. Since CEPT is supposed to be FM only I assume that it was on polish channel 19.
161-TM-313 - Midland Alan 42
df2tb
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: DF2TB

Re: Most common CB frequencies in Poland

Post by df2tb »

CEPT is supposed to be FM only? New to me. Normally AM/FM/SSB is allowed on CEPT channels.

73 Andreas
andrew30
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 329TM1

Post by andrew30 »

Hi Gus,
nope, in Poland you can use AM, FM and SSB, AM/FM up to 4 watts and SSB up to 12 watts PEP.
However unlike other countries, in Poland the channels are aligned to "zeroes" instead of "fives". That means the 1st channel starts on 27.960 instead of 27.965, but you can use both allocations throughout Europe.
19th channel is traffic info in Poland
I also get some weather info on 2nd channel
And some guy set up a beacon which repeats "chrum, chrum" every 20 seconds here on ch33 in Krakow.
There are also local nets on ch7.
Going south of Poland, in Czech Rep. CB band is very active, every morning local nets starting at 7 a.m. - ch12, ch8, ch20, ch30, ch32 and so on.
ch10 is traffic info in Czech. In Germany and Czech Rep, you can also access additional 40 channels in B allocation (accessible through RU table in your Alan - band C) - only FM there. In the UK, there are also additional channels, but higher up the band, I think starting at 27.635.
ch25 is quite active with JS8 recently, though SSB is required to work there.

BTW, you know you can switch your Alan 42 to any standard, right?

Here's the regulation:
http://www.starachowice.swietokrzyska.p ... IE-CB.html
ch25
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: Lemmy

Post by ch25 »

Isn't it better to ask on polish cb forum?
Basically CB is dead here except ch19 used for speed traps warnings etc.
There are small groups talking on different channels, but most of the time there is quiet.
Good days are long gone.
Chris
WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD, AND WE PLAY ROCK N' ROLL
You can't have too many antennas...
GusWroclaw
Regular
Regular

Post by GusWroclaw »

I see. I thought that what you mentioned is true for the "zeroes" band but that when you try to use the CEPT channels the legal way was only FM. After all when I switch my Alan to "EU" it gets locked to FM. To use AM on CEPT channels I need to set the "E" band which is for spain and it's basically the CEPT ("EU") band but with 4W AM unlocked.

So for the Polish channels you mentioned, those are zeroes right? Not fives? While the Czech channels you mentioned are fives.

I hope to try some digital modes and SSTV soon. I'm also looking to make (or order) a portable dipole since I'm going 100% handheld but I often walk outside the city. Something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/11-Meter-CB-Ha ... :rk:3:pf:0

@ch25 I would ask but I'm still learning Polish and wouldn't say I've reached the "forum" level yet. :-)
ch25
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by ch25 »

Only zeroes and AM here.
Chris
andrew30
Regular
Regular

Post by andrew30 »

GusWroclaw wrote: 15 Oct 2018, 15:48 I see. I thought that what you mentioned is true for the "zeroes" band but that when you try to use the CEPT channels the legal way was only FM. After all when I switch my Alan to "EU" it gets locked to FM. To use AM on CEPT channels I need to set the "E" band which is for spain and it's basically the CEPT ("EU") band but with 4W AM unlocked.

So for the Polish channels you mentioned, those are zeroes right? Not fives? While the Czech channels you mentioned are fives.

I hope to try some digital modes and SSTV soon. I'm also looking to make (or order) a portable dipole since I'm going 100% handheld but I often walk outside the city. Something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/11-Meter-CB-Ha ... :rk:3:pf:0

@ch25 I would ask but I'm still learning Polish and wouldn't say I've reached the "forum" level yet. :-)
It used to be like that prior to 2010, then ECC came with ECC-DEC(11)03. After that it's as said previously - AM/FM - 4W and LSB/USB 12W.
To get to all channels and all modes at full power, use RU for fives or PX for zeroes.

No need to get an expensive dipole - you can build quarter-wave vertical for few zlotys. It's just a 265cm wire with 4 radials. Well tested for portable operation.
GusWroclaw
Regular
Regular

Post by GusWroclaw »

Once I get a swr meter I'll make the vertical you said Andrew.

What does PX mean btw? It's not a country code... Is it Poland eXtended or something?

Thanks ch25 for the info. I'll keep the polish band active until I get a proper antenna.
andrew30
Regular
Regular

Post by andrew30 »

Even SWR meter isn't mandatory. The dimensions aren't critical. It should be as close to 1/4 of 11m wave (centered to 27.205) considering also velocity factor of copper wire. 260-270cm would work all the same. 4 radials is best compromise. 16 would give you roughly 0.8dB of additional gain, at the expense of extra weight.
ch25
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by ch25 »

Px is 400 channel mode.
Chris
rpcomms