Scanning radio frequencies for the South West
hamtrektng
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 2E0TZR

Theatre Royal Plymouth on DMR

Postby hamtrektng » 17 Jan 2017, 21:44

Hi Folks,

I have come across what seems to be a Hytera XPT trunking radio system now used by the Theatre Royal staff in Plymouth.

I have got a full list of details of this system setup including their talkgroups. ;)

Please PM me if you wish to obtain this information of a strict security nature.

Motorola Mototrbo radios are incompatible. Only Hytera and a TYT MD380 + clones are.

Best Regards

Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Re: Theatre Royal Plymouth on DMR

Postby Admiral » 17 Jan 2017, 22:25

380's don't do trunking tier3? Or do they? Please elaborate without the strict security information.

hamtrektng
Regular
Regular

Postby hamtrektng » 18 Jan 2017, 10:21

Hey Admiral, your right in thinking that trunking is not supported on the MD380 but surprisingly can be programed with a channel using a scan list to scan both TS1 and TS2. It seems to work with Cap+, XPT, TierIII. XPT is not a Tier III system, it is similar to Cap+ on Tier II. Voice can only be seen working between hytera and tytera radio at present not data i.e txt msgs etc.

Hope this has answered your question!

radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Postby radiosification » 30 Mar 2017, 09:57

hamtrektng wrote:Hey Admiral, your right in thinking that trunking is not supported on the MD380 but surprisingly can be programed with a channel using a scan list to scan both TS1 and TS2. It seems to work with Cap+, XPT, TierIII.

You can do that on Motorolas too!
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification

paulears
Call Sign: G4RMT

Postby paulears » 30 Mar 2017, 11:29

I'd not expect this one to remain static for too long. I know the theatre very well, and their marketing department will spot this topic pretty quickly, as they monitor for mention of their venue frequently - so will no doubt pass it on to the technical department, who are pretty on the ball. One of the hazards of talking about theatres. It's common practice to scour the net for new mentions of their name in the search for publicity, or more often nowadays, complaints. This will make them very jittery.

LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Postby LeakyFeeder » 30 Mar 2017, 14:54

We on about a theatre or some sort of quasi GCHQ Walt outfit....?
Now wheres my CS 580.......

MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Postby MrWeetabix » 30 Mar 2017, 16:08

Maybe we need a code word for the venue?
How about Plymouth Lovieland? haha

More suggestions welcome ;-)
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Tynemouth. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

PO Box: 62 Town: Albrighton City: Wolverhampton Zip: WV7 3WR

TM1 is now on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB || New Tango Mike QSL cards http://tinyurl.com/TM1-QSL

radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Postby radiosification » 30 Mar 2017, 21:22

paulears wrote:I'd not expect this one to remain static for too long. I know the theatre very well, and their marketing department will spot this topic pretty quickly, as they monitor for mention of their venue frequently - so will no doubt pass it on to the technical department, who are pretty on the ball. One of the hazards of talking about theatres. It's common practice to scour the net for new mentions of their name in the search for publicity, or more often nowadays, complaints. This will make them very jittery.

That's always a possibility with discussing things like this online. Which is why I'm now quite hesitant to give any specifics like frequencies.

It would be a shame to see another user go encrypted but it's inevitable things like that happen when people are openly posting in public forums about specific businesses radio users, and it does make sense. If I were a business owner running a radio system and found out that people were listening in, I'd probably enable encryption too. Especially since it's so easy to do these days.
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification

Admiral
Legend
Legend

Postby Admiral » 30 Mar 2017, 21:36

As well as that, 95% of conversations are drivel, the 'sport' of the hobby for me is not looking for them online and banging them in, but to find them yourself and then take hours, days, or even weeks to work out who or what they are.
I have a couple of DMR frequencies that you would have to prise out of my cold, dead hand, purely because if they encrypted then it would ruin my day. The local shopwatch/pubwatch, shopping malls etc are all well known, but some ain't.

LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Postby LeakyFeeder » 30 Mar 2017, 22:49

The local shopwatch users have been told 'its fully encrypted'...which it aint

It isnt cos administrators wont pay the premium price demanded for it enabling but recently theres been some knob grunting n squeaking so i thinks its only a matter of time..

Admiral
Legend
Legend

Postby Admiral » 30 Mar 2017, 23:06

LeakyFeeder wrote:The local shopwatch users have been told 'its fully encrypted'...which it aint

It isnt cos administrators wont pay the premium price demanded for it enabling but recently theres been some knob grunting n squeaking so i thinks its only a matter of time..

I guess the advent of Chinese handies at Giro prices will be the death of most SW/PW in the next couple of years, doesn't bother me much as I rarely listen as it's the same old waffle every day. It was mildly interesting when security at the local hospital were following a trail of blood down a corridor and stairways earlier, and listening to the poor old cleaners (sorry, domestics) that had to mop it up.

hamtrektng
Regular
Regular

Postby hamtrektng » 31 Mar 2017, 19:20

Keep on topic guys!!

LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Postby LeakyFeeder » 31 Mar 2017, 20:38

hamtrektng wrote:Keep on topic guys!!

Ah ha! Our very own self appointed Dixon....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “South West”