Edinburgh/Lothian DMR

Scanning radio frequencies for Scotland
Silentprowler
New User
New User

Edinburgh/Lothian DMR

Post by Silentprowler »

Hey guys, does anyone have any DMR stations to share for Edinburgh or the Lothians?
Everyone seems to have moved from analog to DMR but no one knows what frequency, colour code etc.... {bnghd}
neil57uk1

Re: Edinburgh/Lothian DMR

Post by neil57uk1 »

Start off by sharing your list and you are more likely to receive some replies.
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by stratocaster »

Well, I'll start by saying on 456.3250 ( supposedly cameron toll ) Colour code 2 I think is cammy toll, but there are several users on this frequency and a hotel I believe is also a user of this frequency using colour code 8. I've seen colour codes come up on that frequency as far as colour code 14!
You can never have enough radios!
Silentprowler
New User
New User

Post by Silentprowler »

Colourcode 14?! Thats a lot of fiddling around to find that. Great work!
I don't seem to have any DMR scanning frequencies. I find a lot on PMR446 analog still which is a good easy shout.
Quite a lot around Fort Kinnaird area.
You can search specific areas via Ofcom website (below) but that dosent specifically state they are using DMR, just allocated the frequency.
http://spectruminfo.ofcom.org.uk/spectrumInfo/licences
Their website its temperamental but fiddling around you do get some frequencies.

If I find any, I'll certainly post them up
Cheers! :)
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by stratocaster »

No problem! Yeah, sometimes the odd dPMR is also noted on 456.3250, also living where I do and the lack of an outdoor antenna makes the broadcast sound like a drunk dalek. Although outdoor antenna can be obtained, I'm still looking to move house. I did think Fort Kinnaird had gone digital, but if you have found some analogue PMR activity, I may just start programming up the DV1 with the formats of PMR 446. It means that I might just get the Sainsbury's and the 2 Tesco shops as they are very close by me! Cheers for the info! Yeah, the Ofcom website is pretty much hit and miss!
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by stratocaster »

You can get the meanies on 453.8375 cc3
jabba2005
Regular
Regular

Post by jabba2005 »

This may make me sound thick lol (not hard) but I have a dp4800 and have added a few frequencies to listen to that I got of here but some work some don't.. ..ones that do the talk groups were listed but others are not working. Do I need the talk groups in order to listen and if not is there a setting in my cps software that I've not checked off or something. Any help is appreciated

Andy
scottyboy
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by scottyboy »

You need the correct talkgroups being used in the rx group list that you have assigned to the channel in question
Some users use obscure talkgroups and not just 1, 2 etc
2M0SRM

Quansheng tg-uv2
yaesu FT-7900E
Motorola DP3600 UHF + VHF
MTH800
MTP850s
SRH3800
CM-9000
MTM5400
jabba2005
Regular
Regular

Post by jabba2005 »

Thanks for the info m8 just need to keep searching for the talk groups for the ones am missing or try out this usb rtl thingymabob a keep reading about...
scottyboy
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by scottyboy »

The other option is get a md380 and stick the hacked firmware in it, programme it on the correct frequency, colour code and slot and the hacked firmware shows the talkgroups even if they are not in the rx group list
2M0SRM

Quansheng tg-uv2
yaesu FT-7900E
Motorola DP3600 UHF + VHF
MTH800
MTP850s
SRH3800
CM-9000
MTM5400
jabba2005
Regular
Regular

Post by jabba2005 »

Now that sounds like a plan.
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by stratocaster »

Cameron Toll using a mix of Analogue and Digital. Gyle still on analogue, although some digital modes on their frequency too.
BK
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by BK »

There is some information on this thread
http://transmission1.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=43026
I was just using an RTL SDR receiver at the time so only needed frequencies (the software tells you all the other stuff but doesn't require it). elliotg was collecting TG and CC and also seemed to have a superhuman ability to immediately know the identity of the users, I don't know how he does it :)
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by stratocaster »

I noticed one night last week, some security bods were using the Forth Road Bridge frequency on DMR with a colour code of 10? Chatter was of drunk girls, lost girls, so there must've been a female only party somewhere in Edinburgh? Anyone confirm?