tyne and wear fire update 2012

Scanning radio frequencies for the North East
Post Reply
user8666

tyne and wear fire update 2012

Post by user8666 » 06 Nov 2012, 19:34

hi all tyne and were fire are now on a Firelink digital trunked radio communication system for on scene fires they have just been putting a fire out behind my house for the second time this evening andi spotted the handset when i was walking the dog in the street the sub officer was standing next to the appilance and i noticed he had a similer hand held radio on his fire gear next to his left sholder and its similer to the police tetra radio no wonder the on scene fire channels were quiet this year

User avatar
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 1552
Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 20:45
Location: West Yorkshire

Re: tyne and wear fire update 2012

Post by thelad » 06 Nov 2012, 19:46

I am still picking up West Yorkshire Fire handhelds hopefully they wont change.
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Magiksun TM-490 (BF-888) x3
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6

user8666

Re: tyne and wear fire update 2012

Post by user8666 » 06 Nov 2012, 19:51

lucky for you mate haha wish i could all i was getting was a trunked tone no voice just like a data type sound and firelink is a voice and data type system

User avatar
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 1552
Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 20:45
Location: West Yorkshire

Re: tyne and wear fire update 2012

Post by thelad » 06 Nov 2012, 20:06

i thought they were still voice being sent
http://www.transmission1.co.uk/forum/vi ... 85#p277385
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Magiksun TM-490 (BF-888) x3
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6

User avatar
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 1552
Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 20:45
Location: West Yorkshire

Re: tyne and wear fire update 2012

Post by thelad » 06 Nov 2012, 20:09

looks like there all going that way :( https://ignis.derbys-fire.gov.uk/Files/ ... Radios.swf
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Magiksun TM-490 (BF-888) x3
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6

user8666

Re: tyne and wear fire update 2012

Post by user8666 » 06 Nov 2012, 20:11

they will all be going firelink

User avatar
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 1552
Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 20:45
Location: West Yorkshire

Re: tyne and wear fire update 2012

Post by thelad » 06 Nov 2012, 20:19

no wonder they are making cuts allover to pay for it
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Magiksun TM-490 (BF-888) x3
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6

User avatar
liamcarbin
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Posts: 711
Joined: 14 Jul 2010, 10:07
Location: Stoke-on-Trent

Re: tyne and wear fire update 2012

Post by liamcarbin » 06 Nov 2012, 21:15

reds129 wrote:lucky for you mate haha wish i could all i was getting was a trunked tone no voice just like a data type sound and firelink is a voice and data type system
I was picking up the same yesterday, here in the Staffordshire fire and rescue region. There was an accident outside the house, car had ended up on its side and driver trapped.

I was quick to get the scanner on the handheld freqs once the fire brigade had arrived, and managed to pick up a few voice transmissions on 457.0375. My scanner also stopped on another freq (cant remember the number) which was a continuous trunked tone without voice. I imagine it was coming from the fire brigade as it had dissipated once they left.

As for transmissions relating to bonfire night, not a peep out of them all night.
Liam Carbin
Stoke-on-Trent


Uniden Bearcat 3500xlt
Realistic Pro-70 Hyperscan
Moonraker Skyscan Mobile Antenna
R820T Dongle ADSB Receiver
TYT-MD380

User avatar
Minus1
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 1204
Joined: 12 Jun 2011, 11:15
Location: West Midlands

Re: tyne and wear fire update 2012

Post by Minus1 » 07 Nov 2012, 09:27

thelad wrote:looks like there all going that way :( https://ignis.derbys-fire.gov.uk/Files/ ... Radios.swf
Typically disorganized shambles. :roll:

Can you believe Greater Manchester and Staffs use the same callsign ("FT")? FT was GM's old callsign (M2FT), FT is Staffs new ID (FET). Why are GM not using their new ID? (FBG)

Some brigades use the old M2 callsigns (NK,CF,XV,XS) others use the new brigade ID (ET is a shortended from of FET)

And then the talkgroup IDs use something different again, F followed by the first few letters of the county.
Why do that when each brigade already has an ID that starts with F, and that everyone knows because the fire engine ID starts with it?

Then on page 23 we have national talk groups, which appear to be regional, but instead of using the obvious and short "FE" for East Midlands region (FE1, FE2), they use 'FTNG and a number???? Muppets.

Is there nobody in national charge who can tell them all to get a grip? I despair. {bnghd}


Shambolic callsigns/talkgroups aside, it is not clear if Derbys use Airwave as a fireground radio because p27 ("Point to point calling has been excluded from DFRS…") appears to contradict p28 ("The radio has the capability to be used as an incident ground radio ")
KEY : = channel/stud | ~ = CTCSS/DCS | ^ = transmitter site | ¯ = overhead | * = trunked

dalehull83

Re: tyne and wear fire update 2012

Post by dalehull83 » 07 Nov 2012, 15:24

This is ashame, humberside are still on analogue 457.0375 etc.. at the moment, what tetra freq range do the fire HQ and come to think of it the AMB controls on as i know the police around 380 are the other too different? sorry for slightly off topic just wonderd.

smoggy07
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Posts: 671
Joined: 25 Sep 2008, 12:16
Location: middlesbrough, northeast coast, UK
Contact:

Re: tyne and wear fire update 2012

Post by smoggy07 » 07 Nov 2012, 15:39

Minus1 wrote:
Shambolic callsigns/talkgroups aside, it is not clear if Derbys use Airwave as a fireground radio because p27 ("Point to point calling has been excluded from DFRS…") appears to contradict p28 ("The radio has the capability to be used as an incident ground radio ")
I think p27 refers in "on" network point to point and p28 refers to DMO "off" network "back2back" comms
26TM234

radtech
Super Member
Super Member
Posts: 273
Joined: 09 May 2010, 20:22
Call Sign: Rich
Location: Notts.

Re: tyne and wear fire update 2012

Post by radtech » 15 Nov 2012, 22:53

Minus1 wrote:
thelad wrote:looks like there all going that way :( https://ignis.derbys-fire.gov.uk/Files/ ... Radios.swf
Typically disorganized shambles. :roll:

Can you believe Greater Manchester and Staffs use the same callsign ("FT")? FT was GM's old callsign (M2FT), FT is Staffs new ID (FET). Why are GM not using their new ID? (FBG)

Some brigades use the old M2 callsigns (NK,CF,XV,XS) others use the new brigade ID (ET is a shortended from of FET)

And then the talkgroup IDs use something different again, F followed by the first few letters of the county.
Why do that when each brigade already has an ID that starts with F, and that everyone knows because the fire engine ID starts with it?

Then on page 23 we have national talk groups, which appear to be regional, but instead of using the obvious and short "FE" for East Midlands region (FE1, FE2), they use 'FTNG and a number???? Muppets.

Is there nobody in national charge who can tell them all to get a grip? I despair. {bnghd}


Shambolic callsigns/talkgroups aside, it is not clear if Derbys use Airwave as a fireground radio because p27 ("Point to point calling has been excluded from DFRS…") appears to contradict p28 ("The radio has the capability to be used as an incident ground radio ")
It's obvious why the FireControl project failed isn't it! Brigades don't like national decisions imposed on them. I'm suprised they managed to get everyone signed up to Firelink!

The Derbyshire example above is only related to Firelink (TETRA Airwave), of which handheld's have been available from day 1. Most will have been suplied as part of a 'car kit' installation for officers cars. This does not mention Fireground UHF.

I'm interested to know if anyone hears digital on Fireground UHF 457 frequencies, and would be interested to find out if it's DMR or TETRA.
Rich

Goffy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 15
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 03:48

Re: tyne and wear fire update 2012

Post by Goffy » 03 Jul 2019, 05:29

Tyne & Wear ARE still using analogue on 457.0375 NFM. I heard them yesterday in the Sunderland area. It was definitely them because I was close enough to see them and what they were saying corresponded with what I could see them doing. This being nearly 7 years on from the original post claiming they had gone digital. Mind you the OP based his assumption purely on the appearance of a handheld he saw being used.

I guess its okay to ressurect an ancient thread when you have a correction like this. Its good news in these days of dwindling analogue transmissions. I must admit i was suprised to hear them.

User avatar
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 1552
Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 20:45
Location: West Yorkshire

Re: tyne and wear fire update 2012

Post by thelad » 03 Jul 2019, 08:22

Some fire officers/commanders/managers (what ever they are calling them self nowadays) carry an airwave handheld for the firelink but its separate to the fireground radios. West Yorks switched handhelds to a DMR handset but still used them in Analog mode until April when they went to digital but with the same handhelds.
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Magiksun TM-490 (BF-888) x3
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6

User avatar
Metradio
Super Member
Super Member
Posts: 357
Joined: 28 Apr 2016, 19:10
Call Sign: G7HID
Location: Box 500, Slough UK

Re: tyne and wear fire update 2012

Post by Metradio » 03 Jul 2019, 10:56

I think by now most counties have DMR fireground handies and are able to use them in digital or analogue mode by simply changing channel.
This gives interoperability between different counties. That is why they appear to have DMR radios but nearly all the time they are heard using them in analogue mode..

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD V1.

Whistler WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.

Post Reply