Donnington Race Park

Scanning radio frequencies for the East Midlands
Gemini4
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Donnington Race Park

Post by Gemini4 »

i have this on 166.7600 FM..during the day its fine, i can hear chat about the track and cars etc..but at night it seems like they scramble it..maybe security using the same channels or radio system..anybody else getting it. :?:
bigpimp347
Legend
Legend

Re: Donnington Race Park

Post by bigpimp347 »

i have donnington on a different frequency, found it last week by chance, always clear to me.

i'll try and remember it :)
I want to Die Asleep like my Grandad did,
Unlike his Passengers, Screaming and Shouting.!
friendly1uk
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by friendly1uk »

You could see if the changeover is abrupt or timely. Perhaps how it fits around there online diary, which is probably steered by daylight. Although I have been on there at night. In the dark. With headlights that were just pittyfully inadequate. It's just too wide. Like being sat in a carpark you can't see any end too in any direction. Until you find a curb, and use it to reorientate yourself and carry on till you find the next one. And they keep moving, It's not actually a box shaped motorway fashion outlet carpark at all. When you finally find and cross the finish line, You can't be sure if you actually lapped the track, Or just turned back again. Hopeless. Four cars fell off behind the pace car.
bigpimp347
Legend
Legend

Post by bigpimp347 »

friendly1uk wrote:You could see if the changeover is abrupt or timely. Perhaps how it fits around there online diary, which is probably steered by daylight. Although I have been on there at night. In the dark. With headlights that were just pittyfully inadequate. It's just too wide. Like being sat in a carpark you can't see any end too in any direction. Until you find a curb, and use it to reorientate yourself and carry on till you find the next one. And they keep moving, It's not actually a box shaped motorway fashion outlet carpark at all. When you finally find and cross the finish line, You can't be sure if you actually lapped the track, Or just turned back again. Hopeless. Four cars fell off behind the pace car.

what the fook you on about :)

he's on about the tracks frequency and listening to it on a scanner...not driving around it in the dark.!!
Gemini4
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Gemini4 »

friendly1uk wrote:You could see if the changeover is abrupt or timely. Perhaps how it fits around there online diary, which is probably steered by daylight. Although I have been on there at night. In the dark. With headlights that were just pittyfully inadequate. It's just too wide. Like being sat in a carpark you can't see any end too in any direction. Until you find a curb, and use it to reorientate yourself and carry on till you find the next one. And they keep moving, It's not actually a box shaped motorway fashion outlet carpark at all. When you finally find and cross the finish line, You can't be sure if you actually lapped the track, Or just turned back again. Hopeless. Four cars fell off behind the pace car.
:?:
friendly1uk
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by friendly1uk »

Beers great lol
Surely you can cut down the waffle though

You could see if the changeover is abrupt or timely. Perhaps how it fits around there online diary, which is probably steered by daylight. Although I have been on there at night
Minus1
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Minus1 »

I came across these and remembered your post, they may be of interest:

http://spectruminfo.ofcom.org.uk/spectr ... nd+licence
http://spectruminfo.ofcom.org.uk/spectr ... nd+licence

JFMG manage PMSE freqs so these may only be used during televised events.
KEY : = channel/stud | ~ = CTCSS/DCS | ^ = transmitter site | ¯ = overhead | * = trunked
radio_ryan
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by radio_ryan »

Gemini4 wrote:i have this on 166.7600 FM..during the day its fine, i can hear chat about the track and cars etc..but at night it seems like they scramble it..maybe security using the same channels or radio system..anybody else getting it. :?:

I get it here too, has in other post there are a number of channle for them, the medical channle seem to be turbo, at my QTH or that is closer and wipe out race track channle, for the medical team.

166.8375 Medical Donnington Race **not Hear sice 2010**
166.7625 Marshules, race control **heard 2012**
167.125 Rescue teams Donnington Race
167.2625 K/n but noted has Donnington Racing track
453.675 Padark Donnington Race track **not hear sice 2010**

Enjoy :D
Gemini4
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Gemini4 »

what steps are you using ryan :?:
12.5 is it..cos on 453.6750 theres nothing but buzzing at the moment.
but 166.7625 is ok :)
radio_ryan
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by radio_ryan »

Gemini4 wrote:what steps are you using ryan :?:
12.5 is it..cos on 453.6750 theres nothing but buzzing at the moment.
but 166.7625 is ok :)

it is 12.5, has you may know some may be out of date now, the only one I know still in use is the 166.7625 has it been hear this year. by my self.

the 453.675 has a ctcss of 146.2. I Also have 453.450, has racing channle too. I will see if i can fine the old data base to dubble check the UHF channles

has I sead the medic team one has a carry on it all the time and other time is turbo, which wipe it out from my QTH.

If you look in the UK Scanner Directory 9th there a number of racing channles in there to for other place's.
bigpimp347
Legend
Legend

Post by bigpimp347 »

164.780 ??
any ideas what this is, i thought it was donnington ??

talking about melbourne gates, which is a village next to the track and racing teams..
Gemini4
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Gemini4 »

i have heard the race track down there bigbimp before.
ryan the 166.7625 (think its that,edit later) there was a call for
medic crew this morning.
23.00 hrs today this is the frequency (164.5000) that sounds like its scrambled,its also probably the one bigbimp heard.
bigpimp347
Legend
Legend

Post by bigpimp347 »

nope 164.780 is the one i've been listening to for a couple of weeks now..
seems like marshalls or security there as they mention the gates, and also cars and bikes going in and onto the track etc.
Gemini4
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Gemini4 »

ooh nice one bigbimp..another freq :D
try the other one at night and see what if you get the scrambled messages.
Gemini4
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Gemini4 »

come on guys this thread aint finished yet :o
how far are you from the track when you pick up these frequencies,i'm 23 mile north of the circuit and get a really belting signal on my uniden 3500 with roof cone antenna..how about you lot.
Last edited by Gemini4 on 12 Apr 2012, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.